Info
ikeji-2023 loading click for more update.Welcome to Ndigbo Worldwide ( Ndigbo Facebook-Like Platform). Chat, Interact, create connections with fellow Ndigbo Worldwide For all Igbo news home and diaspora visit: https://ndiigboworldwide.comAROSON wishes to announce it's upcoming 2023 NEC Meeting click https://igbo.ndiigboworldwide.com/post/5652_aroson-nec-meeting.html on the link to get more details.

Gunmen burn Imo High Court, destroy files

Comments · 439Views

Unknown gunmen attacked the state of Imo and set up the state high court in the town of Orlu. They also destroyed files during the attack. The building that was destroyed was home to both the state high court and a magistrates' court, according to the report.

In the meantime, the police have said that they have opened an investigation into what happened.

On Saturday, December 17, unknown gunmen set fire to the Imo state high court building in Orlu. This is another sad thing that happened. Reports say that the criminals also touched a building where sensitive documents were kept.

The complex is home to both the high court and a magistrates' court, it was found. Reports say that all of the records in the building were burned.

The police division headquarters and a security checkpoint are both close to the Orlu High Court. Barnabas Munonye, who is the head of the Orlu branch of the Nigerian Bar Association, confirmed the news. CSP Mike Abattam, a spokesman for the Imo State Police Command, also confirmed the event.

Hon. Christopher Eleghu, the Labour Party's candidate for Onuimo LGA in Imo State's State House of Assembly, was killed. This has caused Peter Obi a lot of pain. In a tweet on Friday, December 16, Obi said that not only had Hon. Eleghu been killed, but also that his house and car had been set on fire. The former governor of Anambra didn't like what happened and said it broke the peace agreement that political parties signed before the general elections in 2023. Obi also asked state and federal security agencies to find the people who are behind this trend and bring them to justice.

Another report says that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has promised that business and trade will start up again if he is elected Nigeria's next president. The former vice president said this at the PDP presidential campaign rally at the Dan Anyiam stadium in Owerri. A lot of party supporters were there. Concerning security, the PDP presidential candidate said that if he were elected, he would sit down and talk with people who were upset to solve the state's security problem.

Comments
Kindly Login or Register to post a comment!